Saturday 24 January 2015

World Hobby Fair Tokyo 2015: Pokemon Shiny Rayquaza Event

Back from World Hobby Fair with shiny #Pokemon #Rayquaza and a bunch of photos. I can't wait to have a rest tomorrow!

It was at one of my favorite convention places, Makuhari Messe all the way out in Chiba. Despite it being a two day event, it was really busy with heaps of families and little kids running running around.

Personally I think it should have been the Kids Hobby Fair because most of the booths and events were kid oriented. Also, no freebies for adults, just kids D:

Most of the event hall was dedicated to Yokai Watch. They even had the artists perform the songs on a stage so I had the second opening stuck in my head. Say what you want about it but it's very catchy.

Yokai Watch here...
there...
here too...
...mostly everywhere.
 But there were other things around too. Unfortunately most demos or events had some spectacular queues when I was there.

Gundam Build Fighters
Wii U
PS Vita Minecraft
I mainly went for Pokemon which got one big booth and some merchandise strewn about. The life-sized pikachu seem to be regulars at these kinds of events now.

Slightly creepy close-up but adorable from afar.
The whole gang together. The staff were very nice and did cute poses with the kids.
The plastic figurines they've been releasing lately. I had my doubts about the shiny charizard so it was good to see it up close.
Current Crane King prizes. Saw them at a close Sega afterwards.

More Crane King prizes.
Upcoming Goomy prizes. They actually look a lot better than the photo.
Metal carry cases. I really like the Gengar/Dusknoir one.
A small crane game machine replica.
The Pokemon Life @ Room Crane King series currently available. The weight of the plates make it much too hard for me.
Over all it was pretty fun. It just would have been more fun if I was a kid and got free stuff. I may be a bit miffed from not being able to get the Gundam Build Fighters kit sets.

If you requested a rayquaza from me, I will be in touch with you shortly regarding photo proofs and trading.