Monday 5 January 2015

Premium Bandai Cardcaptor Sakura and Kero Charms

Premium #Bandai have released some nice #CardcaptorSakura stuff which I ordered way back. Here are the wand charms and #Kero charms that I received recently!

My favorite thing about these is that they are made out of metal instead of plastic so they are moderately weighty and quite durable. I'm a huge Kero fan so I was very happy with the Kero charm.

The Kero charm with stained glass detail

 The Kero charm comes with him and the back and front of the Clow card book. The colored bits in the circle around him are supposedly stained glass but they are so small, I can't really tell.

The Premium Bandai CSS charms released so far

 As you can see, both the Kero and wand charms are on the short side which was a bit disappointing. If you have a thin wrist, you could probably wear the Kero one as a bracelet but the size makes it a too unwieldy except maybe for cosplay purposes? The wand charms are longer, just not long enough for a necklace but much too long for a bracelet. They're a funny length to be honest.

If you're wondering, they are meant to hang from your (hand) bag, around the handles which the wand charms can do quite well. The Kero charm is a bit short for that too. Maybe I just need to use another bag?

The clasps are fairly sturdy, with the Kero one being much stronger than the wand ones.
The clasps are not too shabby but I personally can't see anyone walking around with these on their bags outside of Japan since they would be a prime "snatch me!" target.

Since I never got the chance to get nice Cardcaptor Sakura merchandise, these were a nice surprise when they were announced. They're a nice little something to have and it doesn't really scream anime unless someone knew where they came from.