Friday 22 November 2013

New Lightsworn Duelist Set

Really A++ play mat and sleeves from the new Lightsworn Duelist set #yugioh #ygo #duelist
Image of the Lightsworn play mat and sleeves.

This has been a busy month for Yugioh OCG with the new booster, VJump announcements and now, the new Duelist sets. There are two versions, Lightsworn and Geargia. They both come with a deck, a booster, a sleeve box, a play mat and sleeves featuring their respective themes. I have only bought the Lightsworn one so far as I am hoping to make a Lightworn deck but having seen what's in this one, I'm probably going to pick up the Geargia one later.

Anyway, I am very impressed with the set overall but since most English players don't do OCG, I'm just going to skip to the mat, sleeve and box.

The play mat comes in a neat folded box and the sleeves aren't in any particularly special packaging haha.

The play mat is actually pretty impressive. It's a good quality, full sized mat featuring most of the Lightsworn members. Dimensions are approximately 14" x 24" x 0.08" - basically the same as the WoW TCG mats.

The Lightsworn mat in all its glory.

The sleeves are pretty much the same as other sleeves released in previous sets. There are 70 sleeves in the pack - nice to see they are keeping the same nice number for a 40 card deck, 15 extra and 15 side deck.

The set also comes with a long cardboard box for holding cards in general and has a flat plastic handle on top. I didn't make mines up so here's a picture from Konami. Lightsworn is Lightlord in OCG.
The cardboard card box.

As an aside, this set of merchandise comes with some cardboard Madolche deck boxes. They're just your standard freebie giveaway but I have a soft spot for Madolches so I'm still happy with them.

The front part of the Madolche deck box.

The back part of the Madolche deck box.

It goes without saying, I have some Lightsworn play mats and sleeves that are looking for a good home so if you are interested, please contact me. They are, of course, new and unused. You can use Facebook, eBay, Twitter, this blog etc and I'll get in touch with you. Happy dueling!