Saturday 9 November 2013

As requested, Pokemon Time merchandise

As requested, here are more detailed pictures of the Pokemon Time toys! #pokemon #pokemontoys #pokemonmerchandise

Pokemon Time Hard Cover for 3DS LL
Pokemon Time Hard Pouch for 3DS LL
It's basically pokemon drawn in a really stylized way so that they look kind of drugged up with huge eyes (reminds me of the Simpsons episode with the alien/Mr. Burns). You can see them pretty well on these 3DS cases. The clear one is a hard plastic case for the top and bottom of a 3DS (normal and LL version available). The other one is a somewhat hard-but-still-bendy zip-pouch for a 3DS LL. They come with a hard foam "adapter" so that it can snuggly fit a normal 3DS in it as well. There's a small pouch on the inside of the lid for games but I find it to be a bit loose so I never use it. It really should have had a small zip or elastic band. As it is, I almost dropped a game cartridge when I opened it up once.

Pokemon Time Deoxy Plushies
Of course, there are also Pokemon Time plushies. Most of them are about fist sized; they just released a whole bunch including Pikachu, Charizard, Squirtle and Deoxys. Some of the older ones are bigger, about 7", but they are quite hard to find now. My favorite is probably Teddiursa - the Pokemon Time style makes him look adorable.

I will skip over the stationary items; that's the pens, notepads and clearfiles (so many of those...). Actually the item that really caught my eye are these mugs. They come in these circular tins and the quality of the mug is pretty good. There are only 3 pokemon to choose from; I would have bought Ampharos if he was in his mega evolution form :)
Pokemon Time ceramic mugs of Ampharos, Gardevoir and Deoxy
Anyway, I recommend keeping an eye on the Pokemon Time items as they are quite a nice deviation from the normal Pokemon style and they cycle through different pokemon and different merchandise quite a bit.