Sunday 13 October 2013

TCG Playmat Review: Character Rubber Mat Collection Movie: K-ON! Death Devil Gokko

In packaging.
To get things started, I'm going to give a short review of my new K-On play mat that just arrived last night. It's released from MOVIC under the Character Rubber Mat Collection and features the characters from the K-On movie.

It is 60cm x 30cm x 0.2cm (23.6" x 11.8" x 0.079") in dimension. I would say that it feels a lot like the World of Warcraft mats or the Yugioh Gold Series mats. That is, decently thick but the material is a bit on the rough side (if you want smooth, I recommend Bushiroad - unfortunately their mats are on the thinner side).

I really like the design; my only gripe is that the length is a bit long for the width. I guess I won't have any trouble with it hanging off the table though :)

Unrolled in all its glory.
Haven't watched K-On? Check it out here. It's a slice-of-life comedy series about a group of girls that form a "light music" band at school. Done by Kyoto Animation so looks nice all around. I recommend it for some light-hearted fun.

#K-On #anime